Advice for residents

Last Updated:

The government’s web pages on how to prepare for the UK’s exit from the EU includes:

EU Settlement Scheme

If you need to stay in the UK after it leaves the EU, you'll need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. You can also read the guidance in 26 European languages.

Or you can call the Settlement Resolution Centre on 03001 237 379.

Returning to the UK

GOV.UK have information about some of the actions you may need to take if you're a UK national living abroad and you're returning to the UK permanently.

It includes guidance on bringing family members into the UK and access to benefits and services.

These pages have not specifically been produced for UK nationals returning to the UK who are currently resident in the EU, but for all UK nationals returning to the UK from anywhere in the world.