Get tips on going green
From recycling and reducing waste to minimising our carbon footprint, there are a number of simple ways we can all help reduce the impact of climate change and improve our environment.
Top tips include:
- turning lights and appliances off when you don’t need them
- replacing light bulbs with LEDs or other low-energy lights
- repair and recycle – there are number of recycling centres sites across Tonbridge and West Malling
- insulate your home against drafts - find out about the Kent and Medway Warm Homes scheme
- leaving the car at home where possible: walk, cycle or use public transport instead
- choose fresh, seasonal produce grown locally when food shopping
Further tips on tackling climate change have been published by Imperial College London.
The Environment Agency has produced a report on its commitment to reduce its carbon emissions to net zero by 2030. We aim to be carbon neutral in the same time frame.