Our climate change strategy
We're responding to climate change challenges by adapting how we work and deliver our services. Our climate change strategy sets out our aspirations for a carbon neutral borough and the steps we will take in a number of areas, including:
- adapting to climate change
- air quality
- community and business engagement
- energy usuage per household
- habits and biodiversity
- housing and energy conservation
- lower carbon across the south east (LoCASE)
- renewable electricity
- setting climate commitments
- sustainable development
- waste minimisation and recycling
Meeting the challenges and delivering on the aspirations within the strategy will be driven through a climate change action plan. It will be updated annually and actions and progress published.
We are also undertaking a number of initiatives to improve air quality across the borough.