If you are homeless or fear you may become homeless we have a duty to try and help you.
If you're about to become homeless...
If you, or someone you know, is homeless or threatened with homelessness you can obtain advice and help by contacting the Council's Housing Options Team.
The officer will go through what options are available to you and can give you advice to help you to remain in your property, find alternative accommodation or make a homeless application if necessary.
It is not possible to help everybody through the homelessness route. The Council has to follow strict legislation to assess who we can help as a homeless person.
If you are street homeless you can get support from:
- The Salvation Army
- 01892 523849, Bayhall Road Tunbridge Wells, TN2 4UT
- The Bridge Trust
- Street Teams, Multi-storey car park, Monson Road, Tunbridge Wells
- Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs 7.30pm-9.30pm
Both services can provide you with advice and support as well as hot food, warm clothing and bedding and washing facilities.
The council also provides assistance to rough sleepers during periods of severe weather. Severe weather is where the night time temperatures are at a minimum of zero degrees Celsius for three or more consecutive nights.
In addition you might find useful information on these websites:
- Shelter Kent (Chatham) 0344 515 1740
- Shelter Kent (Ashford) 0344 515 1444
- Tonbridge Citizens' Advice Bureau - 01732 350099
- Malling Citizens' Advice Bureau - 01