Quick Links

Financial assistance to improve and repair your home

We have a range of ways to help you adapt your home, heat your home or move home depending on your circumstances.

Council grants

The Council makes various forms of housing assistance available to homeowners, tenants and landlords to improve, repair or adapt their homes. The level of assistance awarded takes into account your financial circumstances and the works required.

Please note that all financial assistance provided by the council is at our discretion and subject to availability. Conditions may be attached to any grant award including requirement of repayment upon sale of the property.

Disabled Facilities Grant

If you or someone living in your property is disabled, you may qualify for a Disabled Facilities Grant towards the cost of providing adaptations and facilities to enable the disabled person to continue to live there.

Warm Homes Assistance

If you need to carry out works to make sure your house is properly heated and have explored all other forms of funding, we may be able to grant you up to £5,000 to install or repair a heating system. This grant is open to owner occupiers or tenants with a repairing obligation. You pay us back when the property is sold.

Landlord Warm Homes Assistance

This assistance is available to landlords that are accredited under a recognised landlord accreditation scheme and take prospective tenants under the Council's rent deposit scheme.Landlord Warm Homes assistance is available up to a maximum of £5,000 for replacement of old inefficient heating systems where there is evidence the heating system is old and inefficient.

Falls Prevention Assistance

This assistance is available to owner-occupiers or tenants with a repairing obligation. If the applicant is is receipt of a means tested benefit and works are required to remove category 1 hazards for falls related hazards using the HHSRS assessment under the Housing Act 2004 and all forms of funding have been fully investigated, grant assistance of up to £5,000 will be available.

Relocation assistance

If you are disabled,or a disabled person lives with you, and your property does not meet your needs and it is not considered reasonable and/or practical to adapt your home Relocation Assistance may be provided. Relocation assistance can be up to £5,000 towards moving costs, where a more suitable property has been identified. You do not have to pay back this assistance.

Other sources of funding

Empty homes

If you have an empty home, that has been empty for more than six months you may qualify for a Kent County Council No Use Empty loan to help bring your property up to the decent Homes standard to let or sell the property.

Contact us

Last Updated: 05th February 2014