Advice and Guidance
It may also be useful to find out if your site is affected by any Heritage Assets or protected trees such as:
- Conservation Area
- Listed Building
- Ancient Monument
- protected trees, either by Tree Preservation Order or within a Conservation Area.
If you wish to build a new or make changes to an existing building, you will also need to contact Building Regulations.
Detailed guidance about the kinds of work for which you need to apply for planning permission, and those for which you do not, is available online from the Planning Portal. We have also provided some additional information (see below) which you may find of use.
Tonbridge & Malling information
- Your Right to Speak - Gives details of speaking at our Committee meetings
- What Counts ... - Advice on what we can and cannot consider when dealing with applications
- How the Council Deals with Planning Applications - What happens when you submit an application to us
- Do you need permission? - General advice from the Planning Portal on many aspects of altering your home
- The Party Wall Act - A booklet explaining the provisions of this Act, which, in essence, requires that adjoining owners be notified when works are undertaken on or near property boundaries.