Quick Links

Site inspections

Site Inspection The Building Regulations require that the person carrying out building work must give the Building Control Surveyor notice when work reaches certain stages.

Notices can be in writing or by telephone, using the details given below:-

Further Information

Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council
Building Control
Gibson Building
Gibson Drive
Kings Hill
West Malling

Tel. 01732 876305
Fax. 01732 876363

Requested an inspection on-line by completing a Building Control Inspection form.

The mandatory stages are set out below, however, not all these areas of work may apply to your particular project.

  • Commencement
  • Foundation Excavation
  • Foundation Concreted
  • Ground Floor Oversite (before concrete)
  • Damp Proof Course/Damp Proof Membrane
  • Steel Beams / Structural Alterations
  • Drains (before backfilling)
  • Drains (testing)
  • Completion

Commencement and completion notices should be in writing.

Last Updated: 18th July 2012