On 7 May 2015 we will be hosting elections to all Borough and Parish/Town council seats within Tonbridge and Malling, alongside the UK Parliamentary General election.
- The Notice Of Election, which signals the start of the formal election period, will be published on:
- Local elections - 30 March 2015
- Parliamentary election - 1 April 2015
Elections taking place
The following elections are taking place on 7 May 2015:
- UK Parliamentary General Election. The Borough of Tonbridge and Malling is served by two Constituencies. Tonbridge & Malling, for which we manage the election, and Chatham & Aylesford, which Medway Council run the election for.
- Borough Council elections. All 54 Borough Council seats will be up for election, representing the new wards that take effect at this election. Our map shows the new ward boundaries.
- Parish and Town Council elections. All seats on all Parish and Town councils will be up for election. Some of the boundaries are changing at these elections. Our map shows the new ward boundaries.
Candidates and nominations
If you are considering standing as a candidate in any of the elections taking place, please contact us as soon as possible. Completed nomination forms must be returned to us in person on working days between 10am and 4pm from Monday 30 March 2015 (Wednesday 1 April 2015 for the Parliamentary election) until Thursday 9 April 2015.
We will publish a list of candidates as soon as possible after the close of nominations
How to vote
To be able to vote, you must first be registered. You can register online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote. Registering is quick, free and simple. You will need your National Insurance number to hand when you register. Please note that you must be registered before 20 April 2015 to be able to vote in these elections.
Once you are registered, you can choose how to cast your vote. Note that if you wish to vote by post, we must receive your completed application form before 5pm on 21 April 2015. If you wish to vote by proxy, we must receive your completed application form before 5pm on 28 April 2015.
Election results will be published during the counts as they are declared. You may wish to follow us on Twitter to see election results as soon as they become available.
If you need any more information, please contact us.